I have spent the last two days taking stock of everything in the pantry, the basement ‘store’, the basement freezer, the upstairs fridge/freezer & preparing food. Maybe it’s the impending snow storm of a massive 2-4 inches. Stocking the freezer, preparing meals for the week. Cooking, just because.
I have made the following…
- 2 Whole Roasted Sticky Spicy Chickens
- A crockpot full of Shredded Chicken for Tacos
- 1 Pot of Texas style Chili (divided into small containers for the freezer)
- 1 Pot of Turkey Chili (divided into small containers for the freezer)
- 1 loaf of Gluten Free Bread
- 1 tub of Spreadable Butter
- Homemade Bread Crumbs (made from the GF Bread)
- 1 pan of Power Bars with Chocolate Ganache topping for the hubby
- Washed dishes 4 or 5 times & loaded the dishwasher twice
- Half-assed watched episodes of The Real Housewives of Orange County (x1), Atlanta (x2) & Beverly Hills (x1) while cooking
Today was the first time I had ever tried making my own Gluten Free Bread. While the process wasn’t all that complicated, I don’t really like GF Bread. It turned out great! It rose perfectly. It is just extremely dense and a little on the chewy side. I haven’t had very much bread, maybe 3 slices, over the last 2 years and thought I was missing it. Turns out, I don’t really miss it at all. However, I do like breaded tilapia and cod, and I use the bread crumbs in my meatloaf and turkey burgers. GF Bread Crumbs are outrageously expensive… $5.79 for an 8oz box. Dang! So while the bread mix was 3.49 for just one loaf, it’s still less expensive than the store bought boxed version.
I am tired now and the kitchen is a disaster area. Good thing, I don’t have to ‘cook’ dinner. It’s done already. 🙂
I am off to wash dishes for the 6th or 7th time today.